Monday, September 8, 2008

you have made my day

even if it's a dream.

alright. i admit it. i'm having a torrid love affair.
very secret. kind of embarassing.
we aren't really involving anyone else.
it's been going on for quite some time, but things are really starting to heat up.

a lot of people think i'm crazy. a bit obsessed.
i should be focusing on more important things...
like my new job.
or getting one that pays more.

but i can't stay away from him.
i want to be thinking about him, listening to songs about him.
every song is a love song.
every song makes me want to dance.
every moon, every cloud, every tree.
all of them romantic beyond belief.

and things are hard right now. really hard.
he showed up just in time.
swept me clean off my feet.
he's been trying forever to get my attention.
even when i'm crying he can make me laugh until it hurts.
the best part is, i can trust him completely, he makes me feel so safe.

i have sold my life to the cause of making sure everyone knows how this feels.
i feel like i can't keep this to myself.
i want to sing and dance around and giggle.
he's made everything so beautiful.

yeshua. my jesus.
son of god.
your name is graven on my wrist.
you've given everything for me. and all you want in return is me.
why do you want me? what could i do for you that would make it worth your while?
hold my face in your hands and tell me i'm yours.
i don't need to know the reasons why.
your gift was unimaginable. how can i keep it to myself?

you have made my day
even in stormy weather.
and i'm dancing in a parade
cause you make bad days better.

great is the way that i am unafraid
when i see you
all my fear goes away

1 comments:

papathebald said...

Unafraid. It all revolves around that and why.